Saturday, May 17, 2014


The Personal Research Journey

Hello everyone,

The topic I chose to do my research on is “Child behavior in the early childhood years”. My choice for this topic came to me when speaking with other professionals within the early childhood field who felt more, and more children are entering early childhood programs with some type of behavioral problem. Therefore my journey is to research information on child behavior relating to parenting. The reason for searching out this area of child behavior is because when modeling desired behavior, and re-directing un-wanted behavior some children in our class followed through with great surprise, and glad to do so even modeling good behavior for other children in the classroom. On the other hand some of the same children seem like totally different children when their parents were present as if their parents have no control over their behavioral actions.

Furthermore, in thinking of subtopics for my main overall topic was harder than I thought. Although early childhood behavior is an enormous topic, I feel I needed to narrow my research down to subtopics that explain how, or if some parents can be a possible cause to their child’s behavior unintentionally. Therefore this is some ideas I had for subtopics, however any other suggestions are gladly welcomed.

  1. How to identified different types of early childhood behavior.
  2. How to re-direct child behavior relating to parenting as a professional.
  3. In what ways can professionals within the early childhood field help support families in modeling good behavior for their children?
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment