Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Time Well Spent


 Through this program I learned that I have a lot to offer young children and families. I feel with the help of my Capstone project I now have so many reliable web resources, and organizations that work toward the well-being of all children. Therefore, with these resources, and organization I can continue to help others with just about any issue that may arise when working with young children, and their families. I also learned a lot more about myself through learning about my biases and the biases of others. I learned that I may think I am treating a family or child with respect through the way I was raised to show respect to others, but I have to remember that everyone’s upbringing is different. Therefore, as an early childhood professional I now know that I have to learn more about a family and their child before I can think that the child is being disrespectful when he/she say something or do something that I may think is inappropriate. I also learned how important positive feedback can be from our instructors and colleagues. I believe when you get feedback, and take it in a positive way you grow so much more on a professional, and personal level. Last but not least I also learned that even though our colleagues are online colleagues they become a part of an online family that is always there when you need them.

 

My most important long-term goal is to help others grow. Over these last few years I have had so many people stand behind me in giving me the confidence, and moral support I needed in knowing that I could accomplish my Master’s degree. Therefore my goal is to encourage, and strengthen those I know, and do not know to be strong and know that they too have someone standing behind them cheering them on in whatever they are trying to accomplish.

 

In pursuing my Master’s degree in Early Childhood I really have to thank Walden University for being there for me 100%. I cannot even explain how wonderful my experience was from the start to the finish. Moreover, I cannot believe WE MADE IT! So, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Everyone for the positive interaction, your thoughtful words on the discussion boards, and weekly blogs. And remember  

WE DID THIS TOGETHER!  


 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Edith,
    It is wonderful how a program like this one was able to see other part of us; I could not believe that I would be able to have a blog, do a research like this one and even meet wonderful people. You are right there are so many ways we can help a child in need, we prove that by the way we conduct our Capstone project and our passion and part of us was left imprinted on those few pieces of paper. You are also right when it comes to learn more, not only as a teacher, but as a human. We should always keep growing and improve our teaching methods; it will be great for the children, family, community and us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,
    Yes! We made it! It was a journey for many of us, so mission accomplished. Great feedback and comments helped all us. Walden is a great educational institution with a supportive faculty. I wish you all the best in the future as you pursue new and exciting opportunities. Please reach out to me at any time, you need someone to toss ideas by. Thank you for your support during the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith, yes we did, it is finally over and you have given such positive feedback to me and others, the passion really shows. You will do great things with and for the children you come in contact with. You have already encourage and strengthen your colleagues in this program.

    ReplyDelete