Wednesday, December 18, 2013


When I Think of Child Development “Quotes”


"Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate."

Anonymous


"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."

Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa


“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow”

Mary Anne Radmacher


These three quotes I found to be very powerful when I took the time and mediate on them. Therefore when I mediated on them here is what I heard. As educators we know children are great, but what part do we play in making them greater. We want the world safe for our children, but what part do we play in making them safe. Our children are strong, so why do we not have the patience to let them try again tomorrow.

 

A Note of Professional Thanks and Support

I want to thank everyone through out this course for the support and feedback on the discussion board, and through our our blogs. Your comments and words of wisdom gave me a greater insight from a professional perspective. There is nothing more gratifying than to have a colleague share an experience and how they handled it, to help make life easier for both you as the professional and the child.



2 comments:

  1. Edith, it is funny that we chose most of the same quotes, I chose them because it is the same thing I think of how we should treat our children. I thank you for always posting and responding on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,
    Thank you for all your interactions during this course. You always provided great information with your discussions and with your blog.

    ReplyDelete