Friday, January 17, 2014


Relationship Reflection

I value the relationships I have formed over the years in my life. Strong relationships are very important to me because the relationships in my life is what keeps me going daily. The special people in my life make me feel as though I am valued and important to them as well. Being valued also makes me feel that if I were not in their life or they in mind, life would not be the same. Whether am having a good day or a bad day, or may not feel like being bothered, there is all ways someone their to pick me up or just to listen. That is what real relationships are about.


The first person I have a positive relationship with is God. To me he is very real and make life worth living. In this relationship I can talk with him, day or night and he never get tired of listening or fall asleep. God has all ways shared my happiness and my pain through out my life.

 
My second best relationship would be my mother. She is my rock. I value this relationship because I watched my mother go through so much in her life and still stayed strong. In my life I watched my mom loose her mother. After 42 years of marriage my mom lost her best friend, my dad, and then over time three of her eight children and still stay strong. But that's not all, my mom had a brain tumor removed and again still stayed strong. In this loveable relationship my mom taught me how to face life as it is dealt to you by just staying strong. Today my mom is 88 years old and doing fine. Even now I hope to be as strong as my mom each and everyday.


Third, I have to say my two daughters. Even though our relationships are mother and daughters we can not go a day with out checking in if only for a moment to say “I love you”. My relationships with my daughters are special because they are married with their own families but we value each others opinion on matters. Therefore in our relationship we never seem to cross the line when it comes to respecting each others beliefs.


Lastly I have my best friend that I have not seen in over a year because we live in different states. However we speak regularly over the phone. I have known her since we were in seventh grade. We have went through good times and bad times. When we were younger we have been upset with each other, and cried and made up like nothing ever happen. In this relationship it seems like she is a sister more than a best friend. We have that bond where we can let each other know when we are wrong or when we are right. Either way we respect what each other has to say with out getting upset.


In maintaining my relationship with God, all I have to do is have faith that his word is true and believe that I am made in his image, therefore, I am special. Whereas maintaining my relationships with my mother, daughters and best friend, it is all about respect and valuing each ones opinion. Knowing that we are all human and we are capable of making mistakes, and by being willing to forgive each other makes our relationships grow deeper. Also in maintaining these relationships one must know where ones place is with in the relationship.


However there can be challenges in developing and keep relationships and I have had my share. I have found that you give all relationships a try. You try to find the best in everyone you meet. On the other hand, relationships that take a way your focus in life or put unneeded stress on you, these relationships are not worth keeping.


I believe that through these positive relationships and maintaining them in my life has taught me how to build and maintain positive relationships with parents, families and their children with in my early childhood profession. I never gave it much thought, but over the years of building relationships has set me up for understanding others and knowing how to respect people for who they are, as well as value their opinion.










1 comment:

  1. Hi Edith
    Thanks for sharing such a detail post about relationships. I agree there are challenges in developing and keeping relationship. Respect is always good to have in all relationships. Sometime people try to stay in relationships that they have out grown. Thanks again for a great post.

    ReplyDelete