Sunday, September 28, 2014


Who am I as a Communicator?

For my blog this week, I had to think about the similarities and differences between how I evaluated myself as a communicator and how 2 others evaluated me. Therefore for this experiment I chose one of my sons, someone that knows me very well, and a co-worker that I know but do not have a very close relationship with. However what surprised me the most was that my son, and a co-worker who I chose to evaluate me said that I like to talk in small groups and in large crowds. I found this very interesting because I myself feel somewhat intimidated by others whom I think have a strong sense of confidence when I have to follow them in communicating important information.

Furthermore through doing the assessments this week on communicating as a communicator I learned that we may see ourselves as communicating in one manner or method, but others may view us as communicating in a completely different style. Another insight I had was that others view me as showing confidence when speaking to others. I found this interesting as well because I feel if my co-worker, and my son see this strong ability in me to speak with others I feel this is encouraging and will help me be more open when communicating with other staff and the families I work with as an early childhood professional.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment